Exploring the Magic of Writing:
A Workshop with Magic Tree House as Mentor Texts
Join Kyria Kalata for an exciting and engaging writing workshop for children ages 8-12! In this four-week program, students will explore the world of writing using the beloved Magic Tree House book series as their mentor texts. Kyria will guide students through the writing process, using the Magic Treee House book “Stage Fright on a Summer Night” By Mary Pope Osborne as inspiration for developing their own writing skills.
Through fun and interactive activities, students will learn how to analyze and identify key elements of good writing, such as character development, plot, setting, and dialogue. They will gain a deeper understanding of how to incorporate these elements into their own writing, building confidence and developing their critical thinking skills along the way.
Kyria brings her passion for writing and teaching to each workshop session, creating a warm and supportive environment where children can explore their creativity and express themselves through the written word. By the end of the program, students will have completed their own unique writing projects, inspired by the Magic Tree House books.
Don’t miss this opportunity for your child to explore the magic of writing with an experienced educator and mentor. Sign up today for Exploring the Magic of Writing: A Workshop with Magic Tree House as Mentor Texts, and watch your child’s love of writing soar!
About Your Workshop Host
As the host of this Exploring the Magic of Writing: A Workshop with Magic Tree House as Mentor Texts, I bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the program. With a background in education and a passion for teaching, I am committed to helping young writers develop their skills and find their own unique voice. I have years of experience working with students of all ages, from elementary school to high school, and have a deep understanding of the challenges that young writers face. Additionally, my own love of literature and writing allows me to connect with students on a personal level and inspire them to explore their own creativity. With a focus on individualized attention and a supportive learning environment, I am confident that I can help your child achieve their writing goals and develop a lifelong love of writing.
Get your child excited about writing with the “Exploring the Magic of Writing: A Workshop with Magic Tree House as Mentor Texts” where imagination and learning come alive!
My Exploring the Magic of Writing: A Workshop with Magic Tree House as Mentor Texts provides a unique opportunity for young writers to develop their skills through the use of mentor texts. Mentor texts offer a clear and concrete example of what good writing looks like, allowing students to learn about elements such as character development, plot, setting, and dialogue. By studying these texts, students gain a better understanding of how to use these elements in their own writing. Using a book that they are already familiar with and enjoy as a mentor text encourages engagement and can boost motivation. It also helps to boost confidence by providing a clear example to follow and build upon. As students analyze the mentor text, they develop their critical thinking skills, learning to identify and evaluate key elements of good writing. My Adventure Writers’ Workshop offers a fun and engaging way for young writers to improve their writing skills and develop as storytellers.
Why should your child join Exploring the Magic of Writing:
A Workshop with Magic Tree House as Mentor Texts
- Improved writing skills: Through the use of mentor texts and guided writing exercises, students will develop their writing skills and learn how to create engaging stories.
- Increased creativity: By exploring the world of the Magic Tree House series, students will be inspired to use their imaginations and think creatively when developing their own stories.
- Greater appreciation for literature: Students will gain a deeper appreciation for literature and the writing process by analyzing and learning from the works of a great author like Mary Pope Osborne.
- Improved critical thinking: Through the process of analyzing the mentor texts and crafting their own stories, students will develop their critical thinking skills and learn how to evaluate their own writing and the writing of others.
- Fun and engaging learning experience: The program provides a fun and engaging learning experience for students, as they explore the exciting world of the Magic Tree House series and work on their own writing projects.
Unlock your child’s creativity and imagination with
Exploring the Magic of Writing: A Workshop with Magic
Tree House as Mentor Texts! Sign up now to give your
child the tools they need to become a confident and
- Q: Who is this workshop for? A: This workshop is designed for elementary school-aged children who are interested in writing and want to improve their skills. It’s perfect for kids who love the Magic Tree House series and want to use it as inspiration for their own writing.
- Q: What will my child learn in this workshop? A: Your child will learn about the elements of good writing, such as character development, plot, setting, and dialogue. By using Magic Tree House books as mentor texts, they’ll see these elements in action and learn how to incorporate them into their own writing. They’ll also gain confidence in their writing abilities and develop critical thinking skills.
- Q: How long is the workshop? A: The workshop is four weeks long, with one 60-minute session per week. The sessions are designed to be engaging and interactive, with plenty of time for writing and sharing.
- Q: Who will be leading the workshop? A: The workshop will be led by Kyria Kalata, an experienced educator and writer who is passionate about helping kids develop their writing skills. She has a background in teaching, journalism, and has worked with children of all ages.
- How much time per week does my child need to dedicate to the program? The homework is equal to 1 hour per week depending on how fast your child writes.
- Q: What materials will my child need for the workshop? A: All your child will need is the book Magic Tree House “Stage Fright on a Summer Night” https://amzn.to/44ipJck , notebook or paper, and a pen or pencil. I’ll provide all the necessary printables materials and resources for the workshop.
- What technology do I need to participate in the live online book club? You will need a computer or tablet with a reliable internet connection, a webcam, and a microphone. I recommend using headphones to improve the sound quality. They will also need to have access to their assigned Google Document that will be sent via email before the first session.
- Q: How much does the workshop cost? A: The workshop costs $75 per child for the full four-week program. I believe in making high-quality education accessible and affordable for all families.