Welcome to the Magical Tree House Book Club Adventure!
For Young Readers Aged 6-10
If you’ve ever been captivated by the thrilling adventures of Annie and Jack in the Magic Tree House books, you’re in for a treat! My book club is designed to keep the reading excitement alive and take your child’s literary journey to the next level. These books are not just “page turners”; they are gateways to fascinating worlds, making them perfect for both those transitioning to chapter books and reluctant readers.
Experience the Magic:
At the Magical Tree House Book Club, I believe that reading is just the beginning of the adventure. That’s why I’ve made this club hands-on, engaging, and oh-so-fun! Here’s what you can expect:
– Weekly Meetings: Join us once a week for an hour of literary exploration and creativity. Each session is a new adventure into the world of the Magic Tree House.
– Immersive Activities: We don’t just talk about a book; we share artwork, play games inspired by the book, and craft something from the book’s main theme. It’s a journey that engages all the senses and sparks your child’s creativity. The goal is to bring books to life.
– Chat About the Story: Of course, we’ll dive deep into the book’s plot, characters, and themes. I want to ensure that comprehension and vocabulary are on the rise, even amid all the creative fun.
– Become a Trivia Game Boss: Encourage decision-making and leadership skills as your child takes on the role of the Trivia Game Boss. This exciting game will test their knowledge of the book and challenge their critical thinking.
– Hone Problem-Solving Skills: The book-inspired craft activities are more than just fun; they’re opportunities to enhance problem-solving skills. Your child will figure out how to bring the story’s elements to life with their own hands.
Book Club Homework
Each week the students can bring a book inspired project like artwork, diorama, a song, a poem, a letter written as Jack or Annie, collage art, make a travel brochure, model of something, clay model, Lego model, or something else creative to share with the club members. The sharing project is only limited to your child’s imagination and available supplies at home. There are enough ideas here so they can create something new each week. Also the students do need to prepare for 2 games each week using the book they have read. This homework is equal to 2-3 hours per week including reading depending on how fast your child reads and writes. Many kids can complete the reading in 1 hour. This hour is normally broken down into 20 minutes over several days. If they read 2-3 chapters a day they will complete the book in 3 to 4 days (20 minutes per day). This allows them to have time to write 4 trivia questions about the book they read and prepare for the game of the week. Some students will even find enough time to make a special project to share.
Magic Tree House Books are filled with Magic, Fantasy, and a dusting of History!
All Magic Tree House and Magic Tree House Merlin Mission books are works of fiction (Sci-Fi) and include some fictional ideas about possible real historic events. They are NOT meant to be used as historical text books in any way. They are a great way to inspire historical exploration and fact finding. What we know about history is always changing as historians and archaeologists uncover new facts. The goal of these books is to inspire children to learn more about a time period Jack and Annie visit, the main theme, to build reading and comprehension confidence. Ms. Kyria created these special book clubs around these great books to help young readers fall in love with reading, to express their comprehension skills verbally and to practice problem solving skills through in class crafts.
The Magic Tree House Book Club is an 8-week journey: Our book club isn’t just a one-time adventure. It’s an 8-week journey, each with a unique theme and set of books. We aim to keep the reading excitement alive and encourage a love for books and learning.
Join us on this enchanting literary voyage and let your child’s imagination soar! Check out our trip itinerary for more details and enroll your young reader today.
Unlock the Magic Tree House world with us - where books come to life through games, crafts, and creativity.
Click to view the schedule and enroll your child in a Magic Tree House Book Club adventure and watch their love for reading soar!
1. How does the Magic Tree House Book Club work?
The Magic Tree House Book Club is an interactive and hands-on experience. Your child will read the assigned book at home and prepare trivia questions to bring to the online club meeting. During the live sessions, we engage in activities, discussions, and crafts inspired by the book.
2. Can I join the sessions even if my child reads the book independently?
While the club is primarily designed for children, I welcome parents to participate alongside their child or independently to encourage a love for reading at home.
3. Are the sessions recorded for later viewing?
Unfortunately, due to the highly interactive nature of our sessions, we do not offer recordings. Live participation is key to the club’s success.
4. How do I prepare my child for the club meetings?
Ensure your child reads the assigned book before the meeting and comes prepared with trivia questions. Additionally, have the required craft materials ready if your child wishes to participate in the craft activity.
5. How can I enroll my child in the Magic Tree House Book Club?
Enroll your child by following the registration link above or click the shop tab. Spaces may be limited, so don’t miss out!
6. What if my child has difficulty with a particular book or activity?
We encourage a supportive and inclusive environment. If your child faces challenges with any book or activity, my sessions are designed to help them enjoy and understand the material. My goal is to foster a love for reading, and I’m here to support every step of the way.
7. Can I participate in the club even if I haven’t read the book?
I encourage parents to engage with their child’s reading journey. While it’s not required for the parent to have read the book, participating in discussions and activities can enhance the experience for both you and your child.
8. Are there any additional costs associated with the club?
The books are not provided. You can find them second hand, at the library, or at any of your favorite book retailers. Also, you will need to print and gather craft materials based on the weekly craft projects. I will provide a list of required supplies in advance. It is best to have crayons, scissors, and glue sticks. These are the core supplies for my craft projects.
9. What’s the age group for the Magic Tree House Book Club?
The club is designed for children aged 6-10, but younger and older participants are welcome, especially with parental guidance.
10. How can I stay updated about upcoming club sessions and themes?
Stay connected with me through my website and social media channels for announcements and updates regarding upcoming club sessions, themes, and other relevant information.